Hickory Ballet and Performing Arts desires that all families should be able to enjoy the tradition and magic of the Nutcracker for the holidays. Due to COVID19, we will unfortunately not be able to perform a live sensory-friendly Nutcracker this year. However, our live-stream event of the Nutcracker Suite will have the same exciting dancing by your favorite characters. Please feel free to join us for this event from the comfort of your home by getting your tickets now!
We hope to be able to continue this important outreach in the years to come! Your support of our live-stream event can help make this possible.
If you have any specific questions about whether this year’s event would be well-suited for your family, please email our Outreach Director, Adrienne Lowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Made Our Performance Sensory Friendly?
- Abbreviated performance length and multiple intermissions
- House lights remain half-dimmed
- Sound volume is controlled and edited to decrease abrupt sounds
- No fog machine or strobing lights
- Entry and exit to theatre is unrestricted – you may go and come as you please
- Designated decompression area available
Click on our Pre-Visit Story of what to expect at the theater!
Check out some of the Characters you’ll see in the Nutcracker!