Hickory Ballet and Performing Arts desires that all families should be able to enjoy the tradition and magic of the Nutcracker for the holidays.
Join us December 14th at 6pm!
(vouchers required, see below)
Or bring your class to a daytime performance on December 13th at 11am.
What Makes Our Performance Sensory Friendly?
- Abbreviated performance length and multiple intermissions
- House lights remain half-dimmed
- Sound volume is controlled and edited to decrease abrupt sounds
- No fog machine or strobing lights
- Entry and exit to the theatre is unrestricted – you may go and come as you please
- Designated decompression area available
Click on our Pre-Visit Story of what to expect at the theater!
Check out some of the Characters you’ll see in the Nutcracker!
Vouchers can be picked up at the following locations:
- HBPA Studios: 116 3rd St NW Hickory
- Old Post Office Playhouse: 10 S Main Ave Newton
- Pediatric Therapy Network: 1040 Southgate Corporate Park SW Hickory
- Autism 360: 1880 N Center St, Hickory
If you have any specific questions about whether this year’s event would be well-suited for your family, please email our Outreach Director, Adrienne Lowman at email@example.com.