Hickory Ballet and Performing Arts desires that all families should be able to enjoy the tradition and magic of the Nutcracker for the holidays. Please join us for our sensory friendly performance on December 12th at 6:00pm.
We are happy to provide this performance free to sensory sensitive individuals and their families. In order to plan for this event, a voucher is required to attend. Vouchers can be found at the following locations:
- Hickory Ballet and Performing Arts
- Old Post Office Playhouse
- Pediatric Therapy Network
- Therapy Source
- Conover School (for their students)
What Makes Our Performance Sensory Friendly?
- Abbreviated performance length and multiple intermissions
- House lights remain half-dimmed
- Sound volume is controlled and edited to decrease abrupt sounds
- No fog machine or strobing lights
- Entry and exit to theatre is unrestricted – you may go and come as you please
- Designated decompression area available
Click on our Pre-Visit Story of what to expect at the theater!
Check out some of the Characters you’ll see in the Nutcracker!
Please follow us on social media (Facebook and/or Instagram). We will post more of our rehearsal process!