Hickory Ballet and Performing Arts desires that all families should be able to enjoy the tradition and magic of the Nutcracker for the holidays.
Join us December 8th at 6pm! (vouchers required, see below)
What Makes Our Performance Sensory Friendly?
- Abbreviated performance length and multiple intermissions
- House lights remain half-dimmed
- Sound volume is controlled and edited to decrease abrupt sounds
- No fog machine or strobing lights
- Entry and exit to the theatre is unrestricted – you may go and come as you please
- Designated decompression area available
Click on our Pre-Visit Story of what to expect at the theater!
Check out some of the Characters you’ll see in the Nutcracker!
If you have any specific questions about whether this year’s event would be well-suited for your family, please email our Outreach Director, Adrienne Lowman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vouchers are now available for the Sensory Friendly Nutcracker- and they go very quickly! You can pick up free vouchers at the following locations:
Pediatric Therapy Network
1040 Southgate Corporate Park SW, Hickory
1880 n center street, Hickory
Children’s Neurotherapy Services
1087 13th St SE, Hickory
Hickory Ballet & Performing Arts
116 3rd St NW, Hickory
The Old Post Office Playhouse